Saving the world vs saving sanity: Whats a girl to do?

30+ years of letting too many other people's problems get under my skin...

Monday, May 22, 2006

My special needs body chemistry

I have issues. I really do. I think its time my body got an IEP written up so it can get back in tune. My body chemistry seems to be a little dyslexic. Everything has the opposite effect of what it should.
Last night I took some Nyquil hoping for a peaceful night of sleep and a chance to get over this flippin cold. So did I get a nice long snooze. Not my body. My body reads a shot of nyquil like a hyperstimulant. Instead my heart races and I find myself staring at the wall not being able to get any shut eye. Would you believe if I have the need to take painkillers it does the same thing? Most people get all drowsy on them. Not me. Nope I feel like Im jacked up on coffee and start getting jittery so unless Im in major pain they are a no-go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home