This is the thing you rally behind??????
So I just placed an order for the latest Dixie Chicks album. Am I a huge fan? Not particularly but I am angry beyond belief about the boycott being organized. Im not annoyed because people disagree with the band's political position but just the thought that of all things in the world to rally about and get upset over this is what people choose. This is their "issue"? One person's vocal opinion! She didnt say go out and mass murder your children or turn them over for slave labor instead she expressed an opinion that is very common today in the US. Now we want our musicians to be puppets. Are we in China? If you are going to rally and organize protests there a number of good causes I can suggeest--the killings in Darfur, children being forced into prostitution in Indonesia, the spread of HIV, the homeless, children languishing in foster care for years... I can go on and on. It just irritates the crud out of me that people would put so much effort into trying to silence a voice when there is so much to really get incensed over.

1 Comments:
I totally agree with everything your wrote sooo silly and pointless and what happened to freedom of speech???
Post a Comment
<< Home