Saving the world vs saving sanity: Whats a girl to do?

30+ years of letting too many other people's problems get under my skin...

Friday, August 25, 2006

Handling stress

I've decided I need to find a new way to handle stress. My typical way has to bury it on the surface and let it just reeks havoc on my body. With all the drama over the estate issues this technique is becoming toxic. I've been having episodes of insomnia, constant stomach issues to unappealing to get into, headaches daily, back and neck pain, and a general general jittery feeling as though my skin is crawling. Not good. I've never been one to run to meds or therapists but I think I may at least get a consult in that direction. Maybe I need a more zen approach like yoga or something. I just never thought I would be in a position where my own family member was trying to attack me and come after my home. I guess extraordinary circumstances call for a change in technique.

3 Comments:

At 10:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugh! Sorry Nicole. I have been having stomach issues lately too, and my DH thinks they are stress related. I hate that we internalize all our stress. I hope you can find a new way soon.

 
At 2:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Nicole sorry to hear about your stresses and Im very much like you where I keep it in and it results with physical symptoms that arent always pleasent. I hope the toxic person causing the stress backs off and leaves you alone!!!

 
At 10:34 PM, Blogger Erin said...

If you ever find a good way to deal with it, let me know too please.

(((((HUGS)))))

 

Post a Comment

<< Home