Saving the world vs saving sanity: Whats a girl to do?

30+ years of letting too many other people's problems get under my skin...

Sunday, January 21, 2007

A new year, a new resolve

I know I'm a few week too late for a New Years post but better late than never. I'm not usually one for official resolutions but this year I have several thoughts that have been on my mind for awhile but this just seems like a good time to evaluate them.

I want 2007 to be the year that I focus on all the blessings in my life instead of dwelling on what is wrong or what cant be. I will never look exactly the way I want to nor do I have the power to make things always work out perfectly the way I want them to. Really I just need to take more time to step back and realize all the time how lucky I am. I have a wonderful family, a nice house, a few good friends. How could want more than that? Losing both of my grandmothers and a close friend within the last few years has really showed me how quickly things can change so I need to appreciate how good things are now.

There are so many great things to look forward to this year: Katia's return this summer, the kids bdays, our summer trip to the cabin, FL in February. Maybe even a return to the job market? Maybe an addition to the family? I like the idea of all these open possibilities. Maybe the new year will even bring about a new commitment to posting. Lets hope huh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home